Our partnership with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth offers a dual-degree program in which students complete three years of undergraduate study in 数学 and data analytics at 澳门新葡新京官方, followed by two years in UMass Dartmouth's graduate program in data science.
Explore a Rapidly Emerging Field
Data analytics and data science are fundamentally concerned with collecting, cleaning and analyzing raw information to identify patterns, 得出结论, gain insights and support effective decision-making. Our program provides a robust foundation in computer programming, data mining and machine learning, preparing students for leadership positions in data analytics, information management and knowledge 工程.
在澳门新葡新京官方的时候, students complete coursework in computer science, 数据科学与分析, 数学, 物理与统计学, along with Core Curriculum courses in the liberal arts. 麻省大学达特茅斯学院, they explore the rapidly emerging fields of data analytics and discovery informatics, which integrates 数学 and computer science to quantify and manipulate information in fields such as science, 工程, 业务, 社会学, 保健或规划.
Students who successfully complete the program earn a bachelor's degree in 数学 with a minor in data analytics from 澳门新葡新京官方 and a master's degree in data science from UMass Dartmouth.
项目关注的焦点: UMass Dartmouth
UMass Dartmouth's data science program is jointly offered by the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering. The curriculum emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of data science, with a focus on harnessing the potential power of big data to transform areas ranging from health care to 业务 to government.
This is an emerging field that is impacting nearly all academic disciplines and industries. 医疗保健等领域, 海洋科学, 业务 management and political science – to name a few – are increasingly using data in more sophisticated ways to drive inquiry and decision making.
Dr. Scott Field, assistant professor, UMass Dartmouth
在教室里, our faculty - all of whom hold advanced degrees in 数学 or applied 数学 - help students hone their reasoning and problem-solving skills with a challenging curriculum that explores the fundamentals of 数学, 数据科学与分析, statistics and computer science.
The National Academy of Sciences, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, Business Insider and others cite data science among the fastest growing and highest paid career fields 今天. By 2040, it is likely that most jobs will require at least some basic data science skills, while millions of new jobs will become available to highly skilled data scientists, NAS预测. Business Insider reported data scientist as the best job in America based on recent surveys considering job satisfaction, job availability and median base salary.
- Business: Data analytics, product transactions and customer engagement
- E-commerce: Data aggregation, customer interactions, product sales data
- Finance: Personal banking, investment portfolios
- Government: Enabling research, mobile applications and data visualizations
- Health care: Digital health records, treatment effectiveness, patient health initiatives
- Social networking: User analytics for advertising and new applications
- Science: Analyze large amounts of data to form observations and conclusions
- Telecommunications: Data aggregation and service analytics
都在五年之内, students in this program acquire a highly respected, values-based liberal arts education, the flexibility and marketability of a B.A. in 数学 with a minor in data analytics, and a master's degree in data science – one of the fast-growing and highest paid professions.
Dr. 欧内斯特·罗斯曼, professor and chairman, Department of Mathematical Sciences
主修数学(B.A.) and Minor in Data Analytics
- CSC103: Computer Programming I
- CSC104: Computer Programming II
- DSA201: Introduction to Data Science and Analytics
- DSA202: Data Analysis and Visualization
- MTH213: Differential Equations
- MTH451: Differential Geometry
Students also choose one of the following:
- ACC405: Accounting Theory and Practice
- CSC300: Algorithms and Data Structures
- ECN307: Introduction to Econometrics